What is found under the sea
25 Things Actually Found Underwater By Deep-Sea Divers25 Trucks.24 Ancient Treasures.23 Ancient Sculptures.22 13,000 year old Human Skull.21 Motorcycles.20 Underwater Jesus.19 Giant Jellyfish.18 Goblin Sharks.More items…•Oct 29, 2018.
Is there a world under the sea
The hidden world under the sea: Scientists find ‘parallel universe’ of life INSIDE the basalt of the oceanic crust. A parallel universe of life exists hidden beneath our planet’s ocean floors and could help us search for life on other planets, new research claims.
What did they find in the ocean 2020
Scientists Find a Gelatinous Titan The giant sea whorl of 2020 is one of them. This large siphonophore, a gelatinous creature similar to a jellyfish, wowed ocean scientists exploring the deep sea off the coast of Western Australia.
Why is 95 of the ocean unexplored
“The intense pressures in the deep ocean make it an extremely difficult environment to explore.” Although you don’t notice it, the pressure of the air pushing down on your body at sea level is about 15 pounds per square inch. If you went up into space, above the Earth’s atmosphere, the pressure would decrease to zero.
Why did NASA switch from ocean to space
Improving the performance of aeronautical and space vehicles. Developing vehicles capable of carrying stuff and people into space. Establishing long range studies into the utilisation of aeronautical and space activities, for peaceful and scientific purposes.
What cities will be underwater in 2050
15 USA Cities That Will Be Underwater By 2050 (10 Already On The Ocean Floor)1 Atlantis. via Conspiracy Feed.2 New York, New York. via STA Tours. … 3 Honolulu, Hawaii. via TravelZoo. … 4 Port Royal, Jamaica. via NatGeo. … 5 Hoboken, New Jersey. … 6 Fort Lauderdale, Florida. … 7 Underwater: Thonis-Heracleion. … 8 San Diego, California. … More items…•Nov 17, 2019
Where is the underwater wall
The Great Underwater Wall is a People’s Republic of China military program to monitor submarine, surface, and aerial vehicle activity in the seas adjacent to China.
What is underwater waterfall
Sand and silt on the ocean floor run off in a way that makes it look like they’re pouring down a waterfall — or like the entire island is being sucked down a vast drain. … It’s really just the flow of underwater currents that create the dramatic image.
Where are the underwater pyramids
Yonaguni JimaSubmerged stone structures lying just below the waters off Yonaguni Jima are actually the ruins of a Japanese Atlantis—an ancient city sunk by an earthquake about 2,000 years ago.
What was found in the ocean February 22 2021
February 22, 2021: Glass Sponge These sponges, which belong to the Class Hexactinellida, get their common name of “glass sponge” because their skeletons are made of silica, which is the same material used to make glass…but glass sponges are not glass, per se.
Why Dwarka is underwater
Nigam explained that mythology says that Lord Krishna constructed Dwarka after snatching land from the sea. But as per science constructions can be on a land reclaimed from sea. However, when sea level rises, these settlements are first to get submerged. Dwarka submerged due to rise in sea level 3500 years BP.
Why is 80 of the ocean undiscovered
Since the ocean is so vast, there is plenty for future oceanographers from all corners of the globe to explore and discover. Though the oceans cover more than 70 percent of Earth, only 20 percent is visible to us. So we are usually only able to see the water at the surface, not most of it, the other 80 percent, below.
Where do mermaids live
A mermaid is a mythical sea-dwelling creature, often described as having the head and body of a woman and a fish’s tail below the waist. Stories of mermaids have existed for thousands of years and span cultures across the world – from coastal settlements in Ireland to the landlocked Karoo desert in South Africa.
What ocean is most dangerous
The South China Sea and East Indies, eastern Mediterranean, Black Sea, North Sea, and British Isles are the most dangerous seas in the world, with the greatest number of shipping accidents in the last 15 years, according to a report released by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF).
How far down is the Titanic
about 12,500 feetThe wreck of the RMS Titanic lies at a depth of about 12,500 feet (3.8 km; 2.37 mi), about 370 miles (600 km) south-southeast off the coast of Newfoundland.